This Formulator/Nutritionist opportunity has arisen at one of the UK’s leading ruminant feed manufacturer. This exciting, varied and progressive role will be based at the companies head office in the North West of England. The role involves leading a technical team and supporting a growing sales team in the supply of ruminant feed to farmers across the UK. You will be responsible for technical input into the feed manufacturing process with regard to feed formulation, transferring formulations to the mill computer, overseeing legislative, labelling and compliance issues. You will be Involved in all aspects manufacturing process will include dealing with buyers, suppliers, nutritionists, quality controllers and mill managers. Experience in feed production planning and dealing with production challenges affecting the nutrition and commercial teams are required as part of the role. In addition the transfer of technical information and support to solve problems on farm for the sales teams to provide solutions for customers is paramount as the business grows. A flexible approach to working hours will be required and some out of hours work may be necessary.
A well-established UK, livestock feed manufacturer and distributer. Providing outstanding products and nutritional support to ruminant producers.
- Educated to Degree level in Animal Science, Animal Nutrition or relevant discipline
- Excellent knowledge of livestock farming in the UK and ideally with some practical livestock farming experience.
- Experience in animal nutrition, feed formulation or advisory
- Good knowledge of manufacturing methods, plant capabilities and raw material capabilities
- Strong management skills with a proven track record of leading teams and working at a senior management level.
- Excellent knowledge transfer, communication and presentation skills
- Previous commercial experience and business acumen are essential
- Computer literate - ideally with Least Cost Formulation experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Highly motivated with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work flexibly within a busy team.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Basic Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 depending on experience + Bonus.
- Benefits: Fully expensed Company Car, Mobile, Laptop, Full Work From Home Equipment, Full Benefits Package as you would expect from a market leader, 25 days holiday and definite opportunities for long-term career progression.
Please email your CV to Kate@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.