This AD (Anaerobic Digestion) Site Manager position will be based at one of this businesses site’s in Surrey and will be reporting into the Operations Manager. The Anaerobic Digestion sites convert organic food waste into biogas to generate green electricity. Your role is to ensure that the site that you run is operated as efficiently and safely as possible, in compliance with relevant regulation; and that it delivers outstanding service to its customers. You will deliver “best in sector” operational performance at your site.
· Planning and managing the processing of all feedstocks
· Communicating plant capacity to the sales team in advance
· Maximising operating efficiency/margins – site P&L responsibility
· Planning and purchasing all sundries, services for site
· Reporting, analysing and addressing variances (weekly/monthly KPIs) Digestate management - haulage, spreading
· Ensuring PAS110 compliance and securing required permits, licenses, exemptions
· Planning spreading operations for maximum efficiency (minimum cost)
· Finding outlets for products; and maximising revenues
· Liaising with local farmers, contractors – timings, quantities
· Conducting routine maintenance – daily weekly, monthly – to minimise down time
· Managing support from contractors, agents, and workshop
· Managing/purchasing box spares, other spare parts
· Balancing capex and maintenance costs
· Maintaining site appearance – grass, outside areas, decoration, repairs HSE
· Delivering high standards of safety across the site, 24/7
· Drafting method statements and risk assessments Compliance
· Maintaining adequate records, samples, lab tests regimes
· Ensuring compliance with BMS
· Managing complaints – first line
· Liaising as required with EHO, EA, HSE, AH
· Maintaining PAS110; ABPR certifications
· Adhering to planning conditions Customer/contract liaison
· Managing necessary communications to customers (e.g. opening hours etc)
· Building relationships with drivers (waste teams)
· Problem solving – invoice reconciliation, weighbridge issues, diversion of vehicles Marketing
· Receiving guests, visitors
· Conducting tours
· Local community outreach and liaison Management
· Staffing - recruiting, training
· Performance management of direct reports
Experienced in managing site and operators, managing site health and safety, alongside mechanical aptitude. Strong skills in Problem solving, Planning Managing to budgets, KPIs, Communicating effectively and Record keeping.Practical individual (gets things done).
Circa £50k plus £5k on target bonus, 25 days holiday, up to 4% company matched pension and additional benefits package! Plus excellent opportunities to progress internally!
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.