Reporting to the Trials Manager, this Breeding Trial & Seed Production Technician job will involve:
- The job will involve assisting with the day-to-day running of specialist, cereal breeding field trials, ear selection rows and early generation cereal seed multiplication.
- Assisting the wheat breeder by being responsible for the day to day running of the winter wheat nursery
- Assisting the Trials Manager (Seed) in the day-to-day running of the businesses breeder and official variety field trials on cereals and oilseeds.
- Supervising the organisations early generation seed production work on Farm in conjunction with the Trials Managers and Seed Teams
- The role will involve working closely alongside the Trials Manager, Wheat Breeder and other staff. Supervision of both permanent and seasonal temporary staff will be necessary.
- The role will predominantly be based in Essex, so you must be commutable to Essex or prepared to relocate.
- The role will also involve frequent travel to various trial sites throughout East Anglia and the South-East using company pool vehicles.
- Occasional travel to sites in other UK regions may also be required.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience of field trials and/or seed multiplication, have good competence with MS Office and be capable of supervising other staff at key periods in the season. This is a varied and expanding role, offering an opportunity for career development within a progressive and dynamic company, as well as a fantastic overall package and training scheme! Must be able to work in or relocate to Essex.
Basic salary circa £24k - £28k basic. Plus full benefits package and training, career progression guaranteed!
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.