To work on a small farm producing the highest quality vegetables, fruit and aromatics for a world renowned chef’s multi award winning group of restaurants.
- The ideal candidate should be qualified to at least NVQ level 2 or similar in production horticulture, or have demonstrable knowledge at working at this level.
- Experience of growing of crops for restaurants or similar.
- The ability to help sow, plant and harvest crops within given guide lines and time scales.
- Experience in the use of power driven machinery.
- To hold PA1/PA6 spraying certificates.
- The ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction
- Adapts quickly and positively to new situations
- Continues to be productive in changing circumstances
- Can handle more than one task/situation at a time
SPECIFIC JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To work in the growing and harvesting of bespoke vegetables and fruit to the highest possible standards
- To ensure productivity is kept to highest possible levels throughout the year through strategic planning and production.
- To work with the other farm staff to help drive the farm forward.
- To help maintain safe work practices on the farm.
- The use of powered /non powered pedestrian controlled equipment.
- Help maintain good housekeeping and hygiene in all areas.
- Enthusiastic approach and the ability to learn new skills.
- Report any issues or tool maintenance needs to a senior member of staff.
- Weekly control of payroll and manning percentages
- Responsible for ensuring that all relevant Environmental, Health & Safety and Food Hygiene best practices are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Conducting weekly revenue forecasting with relevant parties
- The Farm Manager is accountable for managing various Key Result Areas of the business, including:
- Managing the Farm Operation
- Managing People Development
- Financial Performance
- Managing Brand Standards
- Managing the Team
- Managing Health & Safety
- Personal Competencies
- Communication and Leadership Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Influencing Skills
- £30K Basic Salary
- Various Benefits
Please contact Kate @ Agricultural Recruitment Specialists Ltd - 07854 255526
Please send your CV to kate@agriRs.co.uk