Farm Manager – Worcestershire (Organic Fresh Produce)
The Job Role:
Working for a highly reputable family owned business, this Farm Manager job vacancy is based in Worcestershire. This company proudly supplies fresh healthy produce to major retailers throughout the UK. They are now Seeking an energetic and highly focused, forward-thinking Farm Manager to take on a challenging, team cantered role within a progressive and vibrant farming business!
- Day to day management of growing and harvest operations for production of conventional & organic salad crops.
- Managing and understand the farm’s performance and accounts to ensure you manage the crop in a profitable manner
- Advanced management of health and safety procedures, working towards world class standards.
- Continual innovation and development of precision farming.
- Introduce more technology used to improve efficiencies and lower production costs.
- Managing, developing and motivating your team to improve their level of knowledge, allowing them to make decisions and get more involved with their career rather than a job
- Direct and co-ordinate worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, sales and recordkeeping.
- Walking the crops to make decisions on their management
- You will have an involvement with the development of your crop selecting varieties, improving growing and harvesting techniques as well as post-harvest handling, storage and packing.
- Working with seed breeders to develop varieties, improving the crop’s growth habits but also improving the product for the consumer.
- Working with workshops that develop new machinery and modifying existing machinery to improve performance
- Ensuring proactive and preventative maintenance is carried out for all machinery, while coordinating the provision of equipment between various entities in the company ensuring that at all times all machinery meets both legislative and policy standards.
Highly reputable organic fresh produce farm in Worcestershire.
- Minimum of 3 yrs. experience in crop management.
- Ability to demonstrate good farming practices
- The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong leadership and people manager with experience of managing large and complex muti-site operations
- High standards of crop husbandry
- Good administration and effective use of IT will be key to the success of this role
- It will be vital you understand the growing environment and all complexities that affect the specific region in order to be able to maximize yield and profitability.
- Strong financial understanding.
- Proven track record of improving operational productivity and introducing LEAN techniques.
- Superior organisational skills.
- You will be experienced in implementing positive change
- A practical, hands-on approach.
- High self-motivated
- A clear communicator with the ability to motivate a team
- BASIS and FACTS qualifications preferable.
- Degree in agriculture preferable
- Competitive Salary, starting salary at £50,000 - £60,000 basic depending upon experience.
- Continual professional (personal) development.
- Pension scheme
- Company vehicle.
- 31 days annual leave.
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.