We are currently recruiting for a Head of Research & Development – Crop Protection / Pest Control for a UK market leader. You will be working for a major crop protection / pest control formulations company, with a portfolio of patented products within their Hampshire office. The Head of Research and Development is a key member of the Executive Management Team, responsible for planning, coordinating, liaising and supervising all of their technology development programmes. In addition, the role holder will be the principal point of contact for all technical licensing and/or enquiries relating to their technologies.
- Providing strategic input for the company’s mid and long-term goals from the scientific standpoint.
- Lead and develop a team of scientists in generating new and innovative ideas / applications that utilise their delivery platform technologies which may also lead to new patentable discoveries.
- Be responsible for setting and achieving milestones and deliverables for each project in the annual R&D Programme and provide regular progress reports internally and externally for potential licensing partners.
- Lead the development and improvement of all technology delivery systems alongside key licensing partners.
- Manage a research budget to ensure that all R&D project objectives for the year are on time and within budget.
- Networking with experts in academia and industry to develop and maintain successful relationships with opinion leaders
- Implement the research programmes in line with investor and licensing partner requirements.
- Supervise the field development program, working with product development partners and other co-operators to ensure successful field studies, leading to prompt registration/approvals on a by crop/by pest basis. Work with regulatory consultants and others where necessary to achieve this.
- Ensuring a culture of compliance within the R&D team by operating the laboratory and facilities safely and compliantly and working within, developing and complying with the Company's Quality Management systems and aspirations (ISO & GEP).
- Key relationships are with the Head of Formulation and the QC/QA Manager.
A major crop protection / pest control formulations company, with a portfolio of patented products.
- Bachelor’s honours degree in biology, agriculture or zoology at a leading university on a course with microbiology and/or entomology modules.
- PhD or MSc in related subject would be an advantage
- At least 8 years’ experience of leading an R&D team in the crop protection / agricultural sectors.
- Effective project management and leadership within small research team in consultation with regulatory contractors in a commercial setting.
- Experience of working with pest and disease control technologies across a wide range of active ingredients, including biological control agents.
- Experience of successful networking and collaboration with external research and commercial partners in UK and abroad.
- £50k-£60k depending upon experience
- Benefits: Excellent, incudes company pension scheme contribution and health insurance
If interested, then please email your CV to Rebekah@agrirs.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.