This Leek Harvesting Crop Manager is based on a highly successful 9000 acre leek harvesting farm in Nottinghamshire and is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to be part of a growing company, with great future progression opportunities available! Leeks are grown in Nottinghamshire for the retail trade throughout the UK season. Loose leeks are washed and packed in the field, ready for instant distribution to depot – producing extremely fresh, crisp leeks. Facilities include three cutting rigs and a dedicated packhouse facility.
- To manage harvesting staff to ensure their performance is up to the required standard
- To liaise with labour providers over daily requirements and ensuring all labour is capable of undertaking the work
- To liaise on a daily basis with colleagues to ensure that all customer daily orders are fulfilled and that they meet their specific quality specifications.
- To ensure that field labels are applied to all stock coming back to the yard cold store.
- To ensure accurate and effective administration of harvesting teams to include completion of name sheets, timesheets, daily knife register, daily start up checks, cleaning and daily audits.
- To put in place a routine programme of maintenance all harvesting equipment and associated machinery and ensure that any downtime is minimised.
- To ensure that appropriate hygiene standards are maintained both on the rig, snack cabin and in the field environment
- To ensure correct health and safety protocols are maintained for the leek harvesting operations
- To plan and co-ordinate the movement of rigs
- To ensure staff rooms and WCs are kept tidy and clean at all times.
- To ensure all sites are maintained and left in a tidy condition and that relationships with landowners are not in any way comprised by the harvesting operations.
- Liaise with the leek pack house supervisor to ensure quality is to the correct level and liaise also about pallets and trays required in the field environment.
- Liaise with the transport department to organise collections from the field back to the yard
- Ensure the effective management of the piece work scheme
- To implement the piece work regime on the rig operation
- To ensure that all rig maintenance is carried out routinely
- To ensure a positive maintenance and damage record is kept
- To ensure that the rigs internally and externally are kept clean at all time
- To effectively communicate any quality issues as well as any day to day problems with both staff and equipment
- To ensure maximum crop utilisation at all times
- To communicate with the agronomy team in respect of irrigation requirements
Experienced in harvesting crops.
Must be a hardworking, independent, individual, as it is a field environment and not always the most pleasant! Need to be able to drive a tractor / Forklift with a front loader.
Dependent upon the level of experience - circa £30k - £40k plus superb and highly enviable full benefits package, 25 days holiday, accommodation (if required) etc . Plus excellent opportunities to progress internally!
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.