Research Scientist - Hampshire
We are currently recruiting for a job vacancy for a Research Scientist for a UK market leader. This Research Scientist will be responsible for planning, coordinating and managing a number of research programmes. You will plan and undertake technical development work including trials on new technologies to confirm efficiency in the laboratory, leading to new patents or ‘know-how’. You will be responsible for setting milestones and deliverables for projects, liaise with research collaborators and other co-operators, supervise and write up research projects, generate new and innovative ideas and applications, assist in the planning and submission of grant applications for research programs, ensuring the work undertaken meets the business plan objectives continually update the company with information on published academic studies, patents and new technology innovations / products, as well as presenting results at scientific conferences and/or at industry events. We are looking for the type of person that is comfortable with uncertainty, resilient to change and has the determination to succeed.
A major crop protection / pest control formulations company, with a portfolio of patented products.
- Bachelor’s honours degree in biology or bio-chemistry at a leading university on a course with microbiology, entomology or plant pathology module.MSc in a related subject would be an advantage.
- Recent laboratory and/or field testing work experience (2 years minimum) in the agriculture / bio-ag sector.
- Experience of working within small research teams on projects focussed on building disruptive intellectual property in a commercial setting
- Ability to manage several research projects to develop novel solutions to disease or pest infestations to commercially important crops/commodities.
- Competence in designing, implementing, evaluating/analysing and reporting on laboratory and field experiments.
- Confidence in networking, seeking out new opportunities and managing existing relationships with customers and external researchers.
- Intellectual and inventive input to address market challenges with new technological solutions.
- Ability to multi task in a small interdisciplinary commercially focused research team and to present complex technical information at conferences, etc.
- Good inter-personal communications skills.
- Hard work ethic and versatility with a robust sense of humour
- Ambition to undertake further personal development & training
- Willingness to travel in the UK and abroad for extended periods at a time (maximum 1 week at a time) and must have a full UK driving license.
Starting salary of £28,000-£35,000 pa. depending upon experience
Benefits: Excellent, includes company pension scheme contribution and health insurance
If interested, then please email your CV to Rebekah@agrirs.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.