The estate interests include; residential, commercial, agricultural, solar and leisure assets in the New Forest, Bournemouth and Anglesey. The estate also operates a number of trading businesses including two hotels, a care home, a caravan park, and in-hand farms.
The Estate occupies much of the undeveloped land between the New Forest and the Bournemouth area. The Estate has a diverse portfolio of assets including in-hand farming, tenant farms, forestry, open spaces, and residential and commercial property.
Key Responsibilities of the Rural Estate Manager:
- Management of the rural estate portfolio in an effective and efficient manner
- Ensuring that the Estate meets its financial and production targets
- Reporting to the Principal and the Group COO
- Leading, recruiting, training, developing and managing the Rural Estate team
- Management/oversight of in-hand Estate activities
- Overseeing the management of all lettings: agricultural tenancies; graziers; sporting; residential, commercial and other lettings
- Maintaining good communication and relations with all occupiers
- Overseeing estate terrier and accounting system
- Management of new farm tenancy agreements and rent reviews
- Monitoring and enforcement of covenants and territorial integrity
- Land management and maintenance including public open space
- Oversight of building activities – e.g. maintenance/repair of Estate property
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legal requirements and Estate policies and procedures including health & safety
- Community engagement
- Lead/deliver the overall farm management strategy including possible contract farming of arable and dairy enterprise
- Management and oversight of all farming enterprises
- Oversight and management of all subsidy and stewardship grant claims
- Oversight of the maintenance/repair of farm equipment and machinery
- Farming regulatory compliance
- Develop/deliver the rural enterprise strategy to maximise opportunities including research into, promotion, delivery and management of new business streams
- Oversight of all development projects.
Skills and Attributes:
The successful candidate will require the following relevant skills and attributes:
- YOU MUST HAVE ESTATE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE!
- Educated to degree or HND level ideally in agriculture, land or estate management, farm business management
- Experienced Farm or Estate Manager
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships and deal diplomatically with the farming and local community
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise workload
- Experienced team leader with the ability to get things done through others
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with experience of managing a P&L and budget planning
- Experienced at writing business reports and proposals
- Flexible approach to work
- C£65,000 Basic Depending upon experience
- Accommodation can be discussed and offered
- 22 days holiday Plus bank holidays
- Plus many more estate benefits!
Please email your CV to Kate@agriRs.co.uk
JOB REF: 11810
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRs.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services.
Please visit www.agriRs.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.