Senior Agronomist – North Yorkshire
The Job Role:
This Senior Agronomist job vacancy is working for a global and highly prestigious fertiliser manufacturer. Based in North Yorkshire, you will support the expansion of the Company’s global agronomy programme. The Company’s agronomy team manages scientists around the world to provide technical, agronomic and commercial validation for its flagship fertiliser product. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to really develop their agronomy career with a worldwide market leader, that can offer endless future opportunities!
- Responsible for research associated with a crop group and geographic zones within the Company’s global agronomy programme
- Assist with the development of the crop study programme
- Balance the demands of experiment designs with site limitations and structure trials for commercial or scientific purposes
- Monitor trial performance and schedules
- Provide statistical analysis of results and produce written and verbal reports including trial abstracts and scientific data summaries
- Deliver technical support to company’s commercial team
A global and highly prestigious fertiliser manufacturer.
- Ideally a post graduate degree in an agronomic science with experience in the field
- Someone who knows how to be out in the field and understanding how to think outside of the box and be able to communicate with farmers and scientists.
- A knowledge of, and preferably commercial experience with, crop nutrition and crop husbandry (GAP)
- Knowledge of global crop production systems. Practical experience with tea, sugarcane, tree fruit and oil palm would be an advantage
- Analytical skills required to interpret and summarise scientific data and information
- A working knowledge of statistics, trial experimental design, global data management and testing protocols including recommended application rates
- Fluency in English, Portuguese and Spanish would be advantageous, (though not essential) with dedication and flexibility being key personal requirements
- Good oral and written communication skills
Superb salary, plus full benefits as you would expect from a worldwide market leader! As well as endless opportunities for future development!
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.