Working for a major and highly reputable fresh produce brand, this Supply Chain Manager/Planning Manager/Strategy Manager job will involve buying volumes and quantities of quality fresh produce whilst maintaining sustainable cost advantage and implementing the agricultural strategy. You will be responsible for future forecasting of the supply chain.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop and execute an agreed strategic sourcing plan for all specified requirements.
- Act as a member of the Agriculture Senior Management team, actively contributing to departmental plans and strategy
- Take responsibility and accountability for making ‘best for business’ decisions
- Interacting with key stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Maintain a focus on relationship building both internally and externally – communicating appropriately and consistently
- Budgeting and cost control of relevant functions and tracking success of SCA initiatives
- Medium and long-term planning across all sites within the UK.
- Take responsibility for the strategic sourcing of specific raw requirements
A major fresh produce brand with a billion dollar turnover! Extremely well regarded, forward thinking with a strong ethical culture. They have won numerous awards! They really are a global business with global opportunities for development and progression – a number of their Directors have been promoted into global roles, and many colleagues have taken opportunities for secondments to other parts of the globe. They really look to develop their employees potential and promote from within!
- Able to be based in either North Yorkshire or Cambridgeshire (to suit the candidate).
- Experience of managing and sourcing supply in a fast moving dynamic environment (desirable)
- Experience and knowledge of servicing the food manufacturing industry (desirable)
- Proven track record of developing and implementing efficiency and financial savings (essential)
- Sound commercial knowledge of the produce industry (essential)
- Strong commercial acumen (essential)
- Confidence and competence in delivering presentations and communicating plans (essential)
- Ability to create and communicate strategic planning documents (essential)
- Understand and deliver the balance between Operations and Strategy/Planning – demonstrate the ability to shift easily between the two when appropriate (essential)
- Ability to work flexibly within a 24/7 business (essential)
- Dynamic decision maker (essential)
- Quick learner – capacity to pick up process easily and then communicate ideas for improvement if appropriate (essential)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels and within the business and particularly within Supply Chain (essential)
Basic Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 basic depending on experience + performance bonuses! + car or car allowance, pension, health insurance and a great list of benefits and career progression opportunities!
TO APPLY: Please email your CV to Rebekah Shields - Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.