Main Role responsibilities:
- Close liaison with the Head of Agronomy and key customers in the UK to support all aspects of technical support, trials within the professional Horticulture, Amenity sectors and Agricultural sectors – focussing mainly within Ornamental Crops and Soft Fruit.
- Close liaison with UK Sales Managers to support market penetration by presenting products technically to customers and distributors including technical training of sales teams and field support, writing technical and marketing articles and attending key industry events.
- Interpretation of water, growing media (compost & soil) and plant tissue analysis results to produce technical reports according to company standards. Supporting the proposal of tailored plant nutrient programmes and new products.
- Overseeing in-house customer technical data (customer visits logs, trial data, complaints) are maintained.
- Building a professional network within the Horticulture and Amenity sectors to identify opportunities for and threats to our group of companies.
- Keeping up-to-date and reporting on the latest trends on conventional fertilisers and bio stimulants to support the company’s product development strategy in the UK and abroad.
Skills, qualifications and practical experience:
- Agronomist/Horticultural professional with minimum 3 years’ experience of direct involvement with customers in the Horticulture and Amenity sectors.
- Good communication skills, for establishing and developing relationships with clients.
- Knowledge of plant nutrition and fertiliser & bio stimulants application techniques and equipment.
- Experience of dealing with internal and external customers’ expectations.
- Experience of detailed and professional reporting, good IT skills (Microsoft package).
- F.A.C.T.S qualified.
- Full UK driver’s license (Clean)
Candidate attitude and work ethic requirements:
- Strongly self-motivated, proactive and accountable team player.
- Able to learn quickly technical aspects of products during training seasons and independently.
- Organised, with a good attention to details and effective problem-solving approach.
- Willingness to travel and work mainly outside visiting customers and inside as the job requires.
- Flexible to the needs of the business. Unfazed by a busy, full on (seasonal) working environment.
- Comfortable with working relationships both external and internal to the office environment (e.g. key customers, distributors, sales managers)
- £30K Basic Salary + Bonus based on performance and annual goals.
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank holidays. Company car.
If interested, then please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.