Arable Farm Manager – Romania – Salary: Negotiable Depending on Experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for a rapidly expanding Arable farm based in Eastern Romania. Extending to 3,000 hectares of grain and oilseeds, with further plans to expand and develop the farm and crop range (Vegetables).
My client is seeking a ‘hands on’ Arable Farm Manager to join their business to implement their forward strategy and growth plans.
Reporting directly to the Managing Partners, the successful candidate will: -
- Propose crop strategies along with related soil preparation, seed, fertilizer and pesticide planning.
- Create annual budget in relation to the proposed crop strategy
- Coordinate and implement crop management activities, including the preparations for future growth, as outlined in the Farm Business Plan
- Communicate with Assistant Farm Managers and Managing Partner on daily assessments of the farm and its goals
- Monitor the effectiveness of implemented crop management strategies to ensure goals are being met.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with the Assistant Farm Managers and Finance Manager on progress, budget, opportunities, and potential risks of the operations
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and training of Farm employees, and effectively manages personnel schedules and conflicts.
- Communicate with the Assistant Farm Managers /Financial Manager to ensure infrastructure, equipment & machinery, and tools are in good working order and assists in overseeing maintenance as necessary.
- Purchase supplies, equipment, and contracts for necessary operations, meticulously tracking expenses and managing the annual budget
- Engage with contractors on large-scale projects such as buildings, irrigation and installation and facility upgrades
- Maintain strong local relationships through regular and open communication
- Close coordination with the Land Management and Legal department in issues related to land swaps, purchases, rentals and etc.
The Candidate – Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Agricultural or other related fields
- Extensive work experience in agricultural practice is required
- Minimum 5 years of experienced in operations management of farms of similar size or more
- A track record of success working in a cooperative team environment requiring a high level of planning, communication, and documentation
- Willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather, under potentially strenuous conditions
- Good understanding of machinery and equipment to be able evaluate problems/ repair needs as well as maintenance and service requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good communication (spoken and written) in English is mandatory
- Past experience in niche production categories such as bio production, non-grain high profit crops or vegetables would be an advantage.
An extremely competitive remuneration package (depending on experience) + Accommodation + Benefits!
Please email your CV to Claire Morgan, Recruitment Director to: admin@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.