Selling: Selling the whole range of company products including fertilisers, nutrition and bio stimulants to a variety of Commercial growers, Nurseries and Soft Fruit Farms.
Location: Home based with area coverage of the East of the UK from the M25 up to Durham and surrounding areas.
- Call on and service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new potential leads and accounts by planning and organising daily work schedules in area.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volumes of growers.
- Submit regular market updates of the area to management.
- Monitor competition; gather current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products etc.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results of competitor developments.
- Communicate and liaise between customer and office support team reference any product technical / quality assurance queries.
- Attend monthly sales meetings and (when required) trade shows, with possible overnight stays.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Push the companies brand; distributing product information as required and aid with website/social media updates
- Keep accurate mileage records and work related receipts, to be submitted on weekly basis.
Competencies for success:
Criteria Essential (E) or Desirable (D)
Skills and Experience
- Commercially-minded with proven track record in sales. E
- Good communication skills, for establishing and developing relationships with clients. E
- Experience of detailed and professional reporting, good IT skills (Microsoft Office). E
- Knowledge of plant nutrition and fertiliser and bio-stimulant application techniques/equipment. E
- Experience of dealing with internal and external customer expectations. D
- Full UK driver’s license (clean) E
- FACTS Qualification D
- Personal Attributes
- Strongly self-motivated, proactive and accountable team player. Ability to work autonomously. E
- Organised, with a good attention to details and effective problem-solving approach. E
- Willingness to travel and work (mainly outside) visiting customers, along with office-based home working E
- Flexible to needs of the business. Unfazed by busy, seasonal working environment. E
- Comfortable with working relationships both external and internal to the office environment
- (e.g. key customers, distributors, sales managers) E
- Able to quickly learn technical aspects of products during training and independently. D
- £30K-£35K p.a. salary, depending on experience
- + Bonus based on performance and annual goals.
- 20 Days Holiday, Bank holidays, Company car.
If interested, then please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.