This AD (Anaerobic Digestion) Site Supervisor position will be based at one of this businesses Hertfordshire sites and will be reporting into the Site Manager. This is a hands-on Supervisor role and involves the supervision of others in the operation of all technology, plant and machinery within the site during daily operations that may also include shift working. You are responsible for the safety of all people on the site and for site compliance with regard to: health; welfare; people management; cost; quality; legislative; and environmental matters. You are responsible for ensuring that site targets are achieved. You may on occasions need to communicate with external people including: clients, the Environment Agency, Animal Health and any visitors to the site.
- Safe and compliant operation of the site and all ancillary activities
- Strong communication is maintained to build a skilled motivated team that deliver agreed output;
- Maintaining relevant Site Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and records
- Organising and managing the workforce to achieve agreed production rates, quality control and compliance of the operation against internal and statutory standards;
- Accurate and transparent record keeping and, where required, the collection, review and dispatch of relevant paper work to Head Office and clients;
- Management and review of operational budgets and forecasting to ensure an efficient and cost effective operation
- Maintaining and controlling the Plant and vehicle/machinery service routines, requirements, and records as per Company and Plant procedures;
- Facilitating all Site administration, including personnel, within agreed timeframes;
- Liaison with clients’ operational staff and management connected to deliveries;
- Liaising with the Compliance department to deliver 100% site compliance, building confidence and working relationships with the applicable regulatory bodies.
- Proven experience in working within an industry with clear quality protocols
- Previous ability/qualification of ensuring site and team safety
- Previous ability/qualification of leading and motivating a team
- Computer literate
- Knowledge and proven ability or working within an ISO Management System or similar
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Operation of plant and machinery
- Sensitivity to the biological process
- WAMITAB COTC 4 would be advantageous
- Formal training in managing operational Health & Safety would be advantageous
Circa £30k basic, plus £2k on target bonus, 25 days holiday, up to 4% company matched pension, BUPA and additional benefits package! Plus excellent opportunities to progress internally!
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.