Assistant Farm Manager (Poultry) – Scotland – Extremely Competitive Salary (DOE)
An excellent opportunity for an Assistant Farm Manager to join a highly respected poultry business at their division in Scotland. The successful candidate will support the Farm Manager, assisting in obtaining top quality chicks and all aspects of rearing, ensuring and maintaining the high standards of the business.
The Role – Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with stock inspections, body weighing and grading
- Follow daily routines for feeding, water management, litter management and ventilation
- Monitor flock health by ensuring all vaccinations, blood and salmonella testing etc are carried out accurately and at the correct time
- Ensure health and safety policy is always adhered to
- Comply with bio-security protocols as appropriate and directed including showering in and out of the facility as applicable when entering and leaving the premises
- Set up houses prior to intake of chicks and prepare for movements
- Accurately record measurement data i.e. meter readings, temperature, etc and respond accordingly
- Undertake job related training as and when required
- Liaise regularly with the management team regarding all aspects of flock management
- Ensure company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are followed
- Ensure maintenance/cleaning of farms is to a high standard
- A flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Sound stock background
- The ability to manage a small team of staff but also work on own initiative when required
- The ability to maintain standards in the farm managers absence
- Positive work ethic and attitude towards attendance
- Organised and detailed approach to duties
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks with the guidance of the farm manager
An excellent remuneration package (negotiable depending on experience), plus benefits.
Please email your CV to John Mann, Office and Recruitment Manager, to office@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.