The Job Role:
We are currently recruiting for a Breeding Programme Trials Manager for a major and well-established vegetable breeder, with a worldwide portfolio of successful varieties. This company’s trials site, stores and laboratory facilities are based near Cambridge and we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to manage the breeding trials programme and the site facility. This is a highly varied role, with work both out on the field and also within the laboratory. Strong leadership and communication skills are crucial as the successful candidate will manage a full-time Trials Assistant as well as casual staff on a regular basis whilst liaising with the Senior Breeder and the rest of the breeding team. The company can offer a great benefits package, as well as fantastic opportunities for ongoing career development!
Major Vegetable Breeder with a worldwide portfolio of successful varieties.
· The successful candidate will have a “can-do” attitude to work and will need to be as comfortable in a hands-on role in a field environment as well as in a lab.
· Strong leadership and communication skills are crucial.
· Able to work to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail working to established protocols.
· Experience in managing large data sets to facilitate the timely recording and reporting of results would also be important.
· Managing the seasonal nature of peak workloads as well as assisting the commercial team at various UK and overseas events requires a flexible approach.
· A clean, driving license is essential; trailer towing and forklift operator licenses would be helpful but training can be given.
Excellent remuneration and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please email your CV to Claire Morgan, Global Recruitment Director: email@example.com
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.