This Continuous Improvement Engineer role is with a major grower of soft fruit. Based in Herefordshire, the role will involve energetically and efficiently leading the CI journey within this market leading grower. You will be responsible for building and delivering a CI strategy applying the most relevant tools and being a pioneer in bringing CI to a whole new sector. Training others in CI approaches and gaining buy in to the concept and programme that you have developed. You will need to lead and manage CI projects to deliver outstanding tangible results in quality, cost and delivery with safety as the primary consideration. This company can offer fantastic opportunities for career progression moving forward!
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work with the operations director to develop the CI strategy and programme.
- Work with colleagues and team members to ensure buy in to concept, strategy and programme
- Identify a list of projects with quantified benefits to be pursued. Ensure objectives are SMART
- Lead and manage projects to ensure effective timely delivery
- Personally carry out activity to progress projects as required
- Track and publicize wins to demonstrate delivery on benefit
- Contribute to overall company strategy
- Contribute as appropriate to other non CI projects to ensure they are executed with CI values to the fore.
- Deliver additional savings of 5x department spend each year.
- To create and report daily, weekly monthly annual KPIs demonstrating the efficiency of all areas.
- Responsible when appropriate for undertaking other duties as and when instructed by Senior Managers & Directors.
A UK market leader in soft fruit production.
Well versed in delivering CI and Lean solutions in a progressive business. Self-starting and able to gain buy in and influence others. Probably from an automotive back ground, with an enjoyment for the outdoors – much of the opportunity to improve will be in the field.
Highly competitive basic salary on offer circa £30,000 basic! Plus great benefits package.
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.