Entomology / Crop Protection R&D Officer – South East England – Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (DOE) + pension + EAP + life assurance + health insurance/income protection
This extremely successful, highly regarded producer and marketer of biological pest-control systems, is seeking to employ a Research and Development Officer, to aid in the development of production systems and product formulations, for new beneficial, insects and mites.
- The development of novel formulations for existing products.
- To develop rearing systems for new beneficial insects and mites and to progress rearing systems to commercial implementation.
- The development of novel methodologies to improve current production systems targeting improvements in efficiency, quality and cost.
- To design semi-trials and prepare protocols to meet agreed project objectives.
- To collect and collate data from trials to support marketing and commercial teams prior to product launch.
- To communicate results internally by recording and circulating relevant information in the agreed format, and ensuring the quality of reports with accurate data, interpretation and conclusions
- Where necessary carry out semi-field trials in the UK and Europe.
- Knowledge of practical entomology and acarology and the ability to turn abstract knowledge into practical use.
- An understanding of mass rearing of insects and mites would be an advantage.
- A good technical knowledge and understanding of the uses of biological control agents in crop protection would be an advantage
- Experience of conducting trials of commercial products or active ingredients in greenhouses would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Have strong practical skills and the willingness to do practical tasks
An extremely competitive remuneration package: £25,000 - £30,000 plus benefits.
Please email your CV to Claire Morgan, Recruitment Director to admin@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.