My client's Crop Nutrition department has highlighted significant opportunities to convert their crop knowledge into value propositions to extract the knowledge margin, with a deeper understanding of farmer needs and crop profitability leverage our position and direct the organization towards value selling. The Crop Based Product Roadmap has identified the need to create the exciting new role of Global Crop Manager. They are looking to recruit an additional 2 Global Crop Mangers, one who will focus on Grassland and the other on Wheat, in line with the Global Crop Roadmap.
You will take the global lead for this well-established companies' roadmap within your crop. You will support, drive and govern the commercial development within your crop, working across internal functions & external stakeholders, you will have a key role to alert the company to risks and opportunities, align resources to leverage on the companies' scale and global experiences, identify and develop global differentiated crop solutions, identify gaps in the competitive edge & devise strategic responses required to close the gaps.
With crop at the center of the approach, you will maintain communication & alignment of stakeholders for all activities based of your crop
Work with key markets and Product Directors manage the marketing framework that will drive the commercial volume and premium development in line with the Crop Based Product Roadmap
Maintain an updated SWOT analysis based on the Crop Based Product Roadmap & identify gaps in the competitive edge & strategic responses required to close the gaps
Be the guardian of the companies' Crop Nutrition ensuring markets create value propositions that fully consider farmer needs & profitability, crop knowledge, portfolio combinations, and application competence
Lead successful crop network to accelerate & lift crop knowledge across the organization
Evaluate the quality of existing businesses crop programs and advice with regional agronomists in the markets & Product Directors to reach an aligned global approach
Implement the value chain strategy in coordination with the value Chain Director
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Business orientated, with min.10yrs working in a commercial environment
- Demonstrated capabilities to utilize knowledge in a commercial manner for the benefit of farmers, customers, the business and other stakeholders
- Well-structured and organized working habits to coordinate around crop
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject
- Recognized for knowledge of a key local crop
- Strong leadership capabilities and a team player, being diplomatic and able to reach agreement with key internal stakeholders
- Fluent in English, other languages desirable
- Available to travel globally, with ability to work across cultures
- You must have International market awareness
- Be a specialist within your crop
- Have fantastic communication skills and presence
- Need to be able to translate your product globally
More about the position:
- The position is based in a country and specific market where the crop is key and significant to the total business, but requires significant travelling across all business units globally where the crop is key.
- This role will report directly to the Chief Agronomist who is based in Europe.
Package On Offer:
The salary will be a very attractive package and will be totally dependent upon the location and experience of the ideal candidate.
If interested, then please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.