The Job Vacancy:
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the growing operation, producing a range of fresh produce for restaurants and grocery retailers.
The successful candidate, will have full autonomy on site of the hydroponic growing systems and crop production.
· Manage suppliers and maintain stocks
· Control environmental conditions via building management systems
· Interpret data and ensure optimal conditions for growing
· Manage the internal environment to mitigate threats to crop
· Promote best practices in hygiene standards
· Manage the testing protocols in line with auditory standards and customer requirements
· Promote good manufacturing practices to ensure compliance with all food safety, traceability, hygiene, safety and customer QC requirements
· Primary responsibility for collecting, collating, reporting, and reviewing all process data and key performance indicators, including the consumption of every critical input
· Managing a team of crop technicians
· Creating a good, positive, supportive and thriving environment for the operational team
· Enabling and promoting the team's development, individually and collectively.
Practical experience of hydroponic / vertical farming is essential.
Management of a controlled environment growing/processing operation
Experience of managing a team.
Experience of auditory standards - Global Gap, Red Tractor & BRC etc.
Experience of budgets.
An excellent communicator at all levels.
Enthusiastic and motivated.
Full UK Driving licence
HACCP trained would be an advantage.
Agronomy qualification would be an advantage
Salary to £60,000 depending on experience + Director Progression Opportunities + Equity Share
If interested, then please email your CV to Claire Morgan, Global Recruitment Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.