Head of Research & Development – Crop Protection / Pest Control – South UK
THE JOB VACANCY:
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists have been appointed as the exclusive search partner for this key role: Head of Research & Development – Crop Protection / Pest Control – South UK. This job vacancy will be working for a worldwide player within the crop protection and pest control industry. You will be responsible for planning, coordinating, liaising and supervising all of this organisations technology development programmes. In addition, the role holder will be the principal point of contact for all technical licensing and/or enquiries relating to new technologies.
- Providing strategic input for the company’s mid and long-term goals from the scientific standpoint.
- Lead and develop a small team of scientists in generating new and innovative ideas / applications that utilise technologies which may also lead to new patentable discoveries.
- Be responsible for setting and achieving milestones and deliverables for each project in the R&D programme and provide regular progress reports internally and externally for potential licensing partners.
- Lead the development and improvement of all technology delivery systems alongside key licensing partners.
- Manage a research budget to ensure that all R&D project objectives are completed on time and within budget.
- Networking with experts in industry and academia to develop and maintain successful relationships with opinion leaders
A worldwide player within the crop protection and pest control industry.
- PhD in in biology, agriculture or zoology at a leading university
- MSc in biology, agriculture or zoology at a leading university on a course with microbiology and/or entomology modules.
- At least 8 years’ experience of leading a small R&D team in the crop protection / agricultural sectors in a commercial setting.
- Experience of working with pest and disease control technologies across a wide range of active ingredients, including biological control agents.
- Experience of successful networking and collaboration with commercial partners, regulatory contractors in the UK and abroad.
A highly attractive rewards package, with a starting basic salary of £65,000 - £80,000 basic + full benefits package, along with definite opportunities for long-term career progression!
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.