A new exciting lecturer opportunity has arisen at a prestigious agricultural college in the South East, UK. A fantastic opportunity and package is offered to an experienced lecturer within Crop Production.
- To prepare, deliver and assess subject specialisms including crops and mechanisation on a range of Agriculture courses and levels.
- To support and guide students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- To manage students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- To teach effectively on a range of Agriculture programmes, levels and qualification types recognising and meeting students’ individual needs.
- To prepare schemes of work which are up to date and fully meet the requirements of awarding bodies.
- To research, develop and effectively implement new learning materials in a variety of media to engage students in learning.
- To assess students’ work effectively to meet awarding body standards.
- To monitor and record students’ progress and take action to ensure students meet required standards and deadlines.
- To prepare a variety of reports and maintain records on students’ progress and performance.
- To extend the students’ learning experience through developing and implementing appropriate vocational opportunities e.g. links with employers, work experience in liaison with the Course Manager.
- To keep up to date with developments in subject specialism and share expertise with colleagues.
- To ensure that learning environments are interesting and that learning experiences include diversity awareness and meet health and safety requirements.
- To ensure that the behaviour of all students within and outside teaching areas meets the Student Code of Conduct.
- To plan for, oversee and effectively incorporate into the learning experiences of students the work of tutors, teaching assistants and support assistants allocated to the session / class.
- To complete accurately and to required deadlines a range of administrative tasks relating to students and courses, including registers, enrolments, withdrawals and transfers to meet funding requirements.
- To participate in and contribute effectively to course team meetings.
- To implement quality processes effectively and to deadlines for all teaching programmes including organising student focus groups, students participation in surveys and contributing effectively to course reviews.
- To interview potential students to ensure entry requirements are met and carry out assessments.
- To be aware of and implement the statutory requirements for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in the area and in College.
- To carry out effectively any other associated duties as requested by the Assistant Director or Executive Director.
Additional duties for Cert Ed / PGCE or equivalent qualified Lecturers.
- To lead curriculum development and organise the contribution of other members of teaching staff as appropriate.
- To be a designated Course Manager.
- To be a designated tutor and provide student support.
- To act as a subject specialist mentor to new teaching staff as part of the induction process.
- To work effectively with Advanced Practitioners to contribute to innovation in teaching and learning.
- You must hold a minimum of a Degree in Agriculture or relevant equivalent
- Certificate in Pesticide application BASIS
- Willingness to achieve Certificate in Education
- GCSE in Maths and English (Grades A-C)
£20,500 - £37,000k basic salary will be offered based upon experience.
Please email your CV to kate@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website:www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visitwww.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.