Operations Manager (Meat Products / Further Processing) - Ireland – Competitive Salary dep on experience + opportunities for career progression!!
A major producer of meat products (further processing) requires an Operations Manager to oversee the production function as a whole. Responsible for providing a safe work environment, positive work culture, consistent product quality and cost-effective operations. These will be achieved through excellent procedure compliance and improvement, employee engagement in personal development, multiskilling, problem solving and continuous process improvements.
- Driving OEE levels and reducing waste.
- Implementing SMED on product changeovers.
- Developing goals and metrics for every unit operation within the plant, displaying them and communicating with the teams to keep improving the operation.
- Driving down manufacturing cost within agreed budgetary goals.
- Developing and implementing a suitable human resource system to support our lean goals.
- Developing and managing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all processes/tasks undertaken by employees.
- Recruitment, training and employee development within the continuous improvement culture.
- Management of Health & Safety, Hygiene & Food Safety, Activity and Resource Planning, Risk Management, Stock Management, Environmental Management System compliance, Industrial Relations, Security.
- Degree in a /operations management / team empathy discipline preferred.
- Demonstrable success in a manufacturing management role(s) within a technical environment over a 20-year period approximately.
- Skilled in Human Resource Management.
- Strong team orientation skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across all disciplines.
- Is pro-active in implementing lean initiatives and processes.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop employees to achieve established goals and improved performance.
Excellent Salary Dependent upon the level of experience, + 3 – 5 year plan to move into the Factory Manager role!
Please email your CV to Claire Morgan, Recruitment Director admin@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.