An exciting, new role has been created due to the continued and expansion of this highly prestigious Agricultural organization. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for a team of Crop Nutritionists across the North West area including Cheshire and Cumbria. The RSM is responsible for achieving an agreed budget (volume) in the Foundation, Diversification and Commodity range of products and the provision of all services across this geography territory. The main responsibilities are the management of the Crop Nutritionists team to ensure that they develop personally, perform to a profitable level and achieve individual targets as agreed with the Commercial Manager.
The RSM must be enthusiastic, motivated and driven to get the best from their team and must display excellent leadership skills.
- To meet and where possible exceed territory and regional sales budgets through sales activity.
- To build, maintain and grow a ledger of active customers, across the region, through tailored advice taking into consideration best working practice on farm.
- To increase the market share within a given geography by dealing with our members and shareholders in an appropriate manner.
- To understand and promote the range of products and services the company offers.
- To motivate and develop a team of Forage Specialists.
- To promote an awareness and understanding, whilst operating in a professional and friendly manner, of the company and its partners.
- To work closely with colleagues from across the business.
- To play a key role within the commercial management team and the wider business.
- Active Sales Management: The management of a team of Crop Nutritionists to achieve regional and personal targets through individual meetings and on farm assistance. Their performance should be monitored and assessed within the framework of Active Sales Management (that must include farm record cards, nutrient management plans, soil samples, sward assessments and detailed action plans for each farming system.)
- Monitoring: To monitor individual sales activity of the Crop Nutritionists against an agreed set of key performance indicators and where necessary implement individual action plans to help them achieve their targets.
- To motivate, coach and manage the team to perform to the highest standards possible and so that they remain profitable.
- Competition: To understand and report on competitor activity across the region and be proactive in helping the business remain competitive.
- The RSM will be responsible for a ledger of customers and must manage, maintain and grow this business alongside their responsibilities as a manager.
- Dual Calling: To spend time with each Crop Nutritionist dual calling on farm to help develop their commercial skills.
- Meetings: To hold monthly Regional team meetings, individual business development meetings for the Crop Nutritionists and to attend Commercial Meetings.
- Establish a Need: To work with the Crop Nutritionists to identify individual needs and requirements of our customers which we can solve through products and services.
- Case Studies, Trials and Testimonials: To work closely with the Technical Manager on annual case studies, formal trials and individual testimonials. These will form an important part of the overall marketing strategy for the business and therefore you must act in accordance with the set protocols to ensure quality results are achieved.
- Pricing: To adhere to the company pricing policy as directed.
- Reporting: To produce a weekly report for the Commercial Manager.
- Personal Approach: To represent the company and the wider group in a professional and courteous manner at all times. You must be well presented and deal with customers and shareholders in a friendly way.
- Time Management: To demonstrate excellent personal time management and organisational skills. To actively plan days, campaigns and weekly calling pattern so as to make best use of your time.
- Training: To attend, and where necessary pass, company training sessions as directed by your manager and to attain industry recognised qualifications as deemed necessary by the business.
- Complaints: To report and substantiate, through detailed information, any customer complaints and be prepared to follow them through until the customer is satisfied with the outcome.
- £ Attractive package on offer to the ideal candidate – to be discussed at interview.
- Basic Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
- Attractive Company Benefits.
- Company Car.
Please email your CV to kate@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.