The Job Role:
This Research & Innovation Food Chain Manager - Agronomy / Crop Science job vacancy is working for a market leading organisation that provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. Key objectives will be to grow the client base and income of the section by expanding its remit to a broader range of raw materials and ingredients. A major aspect of this will be to contribute to strategic development of the facilities within the organisation, as well as developing the staff within the section. You will need to be self-motivated and driven to meet or exceed sales targets. In return, there is a fantastic salary on offer, as well as opportunities to progress!
A market leading organisation that provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide.
- We are looking for someone with an Agronomist background with a degree in crop science or plant science. This is an innovation and research role (we are not looking for quality or safety managers).
- They need to have worked in the Agriculture industry and with clients in the food chain.
- The role will be 30% business development – going out and talking to clients in the food sector. They will be expected to be out of the office about 1 day a week.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills-of direct reports, peers and senior management within and outside the organisation.
- A demonstrable understanding of the relevant focus area for the job with the ability to train and develop others (primarily but not exclusively direct reports)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support business development and training offerings
- Strong client and stakeholder engagement and partnering skills
- Effective project management skills from recent experience.
- Full UK/EU driving licence
Dependent upon the level of experience - circa £45,000 basic plus bonus and highly enviable full benefits package, pension, healthcare, etc. Plus excellent opportunities to progress internally!
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.