The Job Role:
This Food & Drink Scientist job vacancy is an extremely important and vital role for this market leader within the food and drink industry. Based in the Gloucestershire/ Oxfordshire / Worcestershire region, the role involves working on multiple research and consultancy projects on ingredients, from literature review to organising trials (under supervision) and then designing them. There will be a lot of proposal writing and client visits on a monthly basis. Time management and good communications with clients will be key. They are looking for a candidate with have a degree in Food Science, Biology or Chemistry. Industry experience would be ideal, although not essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and execution of ingredient process trials and associated technical work in line with project briefs.
- Preparing project and client reports to agreed standards and level of detail.
- Preparing project proposals for agreement with line manager and client.
- Developing own functional and technical expertise appropriate to role.
A market leader within the food and drink industry.
- A degree in Food Science, Biology or Chemistry. Industry experience would be ideal, though not essential.
- Experience in ingredient processing and pilot plant trials desirable.
- A thorough understanding of pilot plant and laboratory quality management processes and ability to keep detailed records accurately.
- A clear understanding of health and safety requirements in a process hall and laboratory environment.
- Experience in process equipment, laboratory analyses and measurement technologies in an accredited laboratory environment (ISO9001 and ISO17025).
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Flexibility to undertake a number of tasks and prioritise accordingly.
- To work effectively within a team environment and with minimal supervision.
- Organised and methodical approach to work.
- Able to follow prescribed methods and document results.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Financial awareness.
Dependent upon the level of experience – a starting salary of circa £22,000 – £28,000 plus a highly enviable full benefits package, pension, healthcare, etc. Plus excellent opportunities to progress internally!
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.