- Successful delivery of field trials and related services is one of the most critical elements of my client's operational activities.
- The trials programme is large and complex, with annual plot numbers of c. 100,000. Delivery is undertaken by trials teams located in this case across the South of the UK.
- The Southern Region has 3 Centres, operating field sites across several counties.
- My client is seeking to appoint a Southern Regional Manager to manage the 3 centres in the South and the Field Trials staff working across the region.
The remit of a Regional Manager is as follows:
(The successful candidate may have additional individual responsibilities.)
- Be part of the Senior Team, reporting to the Head of Commercial Services, responsible for leading the companies Regional Trials with the overall responsibility for managing around 10 field trials staff, resources and delivery across all the region.
- Be able to organise and plan to ensure timely delivery to specification of high quality data from field trials and experiments at sites across the Region.
- This includes oversight of allocation, distribution, conduct and recording of trials within the Region, ensuring appropriate levels and utilisation of resources to deliver products, services and results that meet customer demands (timeliness and specification) within the agreed cost, plus overall responsibility through line management for trials teams based at Centres within the Region.
- Liaising with the Regional Agronomist at member events and trials.
- Participating in regional field days, meetings and conferences. Co-organise annual Open Days.
- Contributing and reporting of trials and other activities, including direct involvement with all relevant Technical Committees.
- Alongside the Regional Agronomist, act as a key representative and ambassador for the company in the Region, developing relations with members and the wider industry, promoting the benefits of the company, membership of the business Network, and the broader research and service work that the company delivers.
- Identify new membership, research collaboration, training or funding opportunities in the region.
- Other key relationships include; host farmers, Technical Committees and External Customers.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Located in the South, UK, ideally around Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Surrey or Dorset.
- MUST have successful staff management experience.
- MUST have a sincere passion for Agriculture.
- Understanding of Crop production.
- Understanding of Agronomics.
- Perhaps have a background of; Crop Management, Estate Management or a machinery background.
Basic Salary £37,000 - £41,000 Depending upon experience
- Company Car
- Mobile Phone
- Pension Scheme
Please email your CV to Kate@agriRs.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRs.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services.
Please visit www.agriRs.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.