Main Role responsibilities:
- Close liaison with the Head of Agronomy and key customers in the UK to support all aspects of technical support, trials within the professional Horticulture, Amenity sectors and Agricultural sectors.
- Close liaison with UK Sales Managers to support market penetration by presenting products technically to customers and distributors including technical training of sales teams and field support, writing technical and marketing articles and attending key industry events.
- Interpretation of water, growing media (compost & soil) and plant tissue analysis results to produce technical reports according to company standards. Supporting the proposal of tailored plant nutrient programmes and new products.
- Overseeing in-house customer technical data (customer visits logs, trial data, complaints) are maintained.
- Building a professional network within the Horticulture and Amenity sectors to identify opportunities for and threats to our group of companies.
- Keeping up-to-date and reporting on the latest trends on conventional fertilisers and bio stimulants to support the company’s product development strategy in the UK and abroad.
Skills, qualifications and practical experience:
- Agronomist/Horticultural professional with minimum 3 years’ experience of direct involvement with customers in the Horticulture and Amenity sectors.
- Good communication skills, for establishing and developing relationships with clients.
- Knowledge of plant nutrition and fertiliser & bio stimulants application techniques and equipment.
- Experience of dealing with internal and external customers’ expectations.
- Experience of detailed and professional reporting, good IT skills (Microsoft package).
- F.A.C.T.S qualified.
- Full UK driver’s license (Clean)
Candidate attitude and work ethic requirements:
- Strongly self-motivated, proactive and accountable team player.
- Able to learn quickly technical aspects of products during training seasons and independently.
- Organised, with a good attention to details and effective problem-solving approach.
- Willingness to travel and work mainly outside visiting customers and inside as the job requires.
- Flexible to the needs of the business. Unfazed by a busy, full on (seasonal) working environment.
- Comfortable with working relationships both external and internal to the office environment (e.g. key customers, distributors, sales managers)
- £30K Basic Salary + Bonus based on performance and annual goals.
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank holidays. Company car.
Please send your CV and details to kate@agriRs.co.uk or contact Kate Moxon on 07854 255526.