This Technical Officer position will involve working for a highly prestigious client that provides technical and scientific services to the agricultural and horticultural arena. Based in Gloucestershire / Oxfordshire they provide technical and scientific development and consultancy services, routine analysis testing and applied research to clients within agriculture, horticulture, milling and baking sectors, food manufacturers and retailers, as well as to agricultural and horticultural government agencies and the academic sector. The applicant must have a strong understanding of current agronomic practices in agriculture and horticulture, and familiarisation with the crop production industry in general. Duties will be split between the laboratory, field trial sites, and office. The candidate will be required to plan, resource and execute a range of applied trials relating to primary production. This will involve the management of work through internal facilities, as well as coordinating workflow with external contractors and collaborators. Upon the completion of a trial, the candidate must be capable of communicating the results to clients through presentations and the production of technical reports. Working for a market leader - rewards are endless and career progression opportunities are fantastic!
A UK market leading technical and scientific services to the agricultural and horticultural arena.
The applicant must have a strong understanding of current agronomic practices in agriculture and horticulture, and familiarisation with the crop production industry in general.
- BASIS/FACTS qualification an advantage, but not essential.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage work on a number of projects simultaneously to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to write technical reports and presentations.
- Graduate or equivalent, with several years relevant experience in a similar role highly desirable.
- Proven competence in field trial design and management in the agricultural or horticultural sectors
- Experience working with industry recognised standard guidelines, e.g. ORETO, EPPO, GEP
- Knowledge and practical experience of agronomic practices
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to work with what is available.
- A strong team player.
· A practically-minded provider of solutions to challenges.
Basic Salary: Circa £25,000 - £30,000 basic. Plus superb overall benefits package and definite opportunities for long-term career progression.
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.