Tractor Driver / Stockman – South West (UK) Salary to £30,000 + Accommodation + Benefits!
My client is looking for an experienced individual to join a small team on a progressive mixed farm business. The farm currently runs 150 suckler cows, 450 breeding ewes and 300 acres of arable cropping, just south of Bristol. The owners have invested in livestock buildings, as well as handling and weighing equipment in recent years, with EID used for both cattle and sheep.
This is an interesting and varied role for someone who wants to develop their skills and have an input into decision making on a diverse farming operation.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Qualified and experienced in Tractor driving and using associated machinery.
- The necessary skills and experience to carry out tasks associated with the establishment and growing of arable crops (spraying and fertiliser application.
- Experience managing suckler cows and fattening cattle and can help transition to a pasture-based system using native breeds (Hereford & Angus).
- Expected to have a good knowledge of sheep and be capable of performing basic tasks such as lambing, worming and treating sick animals.
- An aptitude for farm maintenance, to include welding, plumbing and machinery maintenance.
- The farm is run over a number of sites and there is a requirement to keep buildings and equipment up together on those sites. Skills in these tasks will be regarded as a favourable attribute of candidates.
- Demonstrates good health and safety conduct in the workplace.
- Able to work flexibly to suit the needs of the business.
- Able to work as part of a team.
A salary of £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience, along with a 3-bedroom bungalow + use of vehicle.
The successful candidate will be expected to work 48 hours a week, to include alternative weekends. The individual appointed will report to the farm manager.
If interested, then please email your CV to Claire Morgan, Recruitment Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.