We have been retained exclusively with a major international and highly reputable agricultural machinery manufacturer, who are now looking for a new UK Managing Director due to a company retirement. This company are in an exciting phase in its development with a mandate for growth.
As Managing Director, you will be entrepreneurial in style, with a demonstrable track record of success operating in sales/commercial leadership roles gained in B2B sales and service businesses. Full P&L experience with a multi-channel sales/business development background would be advantageous. Of equal importance are excellent leadership skills coupled with a strong commercial awareness that will ensure the UK business attains high growth and maximises market opportunities
You will embrace and support all of the company’s sales activity by being sales focused, supporting the sales management team to develop their strategic targets and growth opportunities. Demonstrating your communication and negotiation skills, you will also take great pride in improving upon our customer service reputation and in maintaining strong relationships with their principal suppliers and business channel partners.
Using your coaching and mentoring skills, you will be responsible for motivating and developing the management team and will promote cooperation and teamwork across the business as second nature.
You will be overseeing all sites and growing the overall image and reputation of the business through expansion
You will be supporting the overall business strategy for the group, working on financial, marketing and all business-related aspects including occasionally, supporting acquisitions
You must ensure that the management teams are properly supported to fulfil their roles
· Driving Sales & Margin Performance
· Stock Control
· Vehicle Fleet Management
· Improving Customer Connectivity & Relationships
· Leadership Behaviour
· Team Development
· Planning, Organising & Prioritising
· HSE / Staff Welfare / HR
· Operational Cost Control
· Performance Management
· General Management / Managing Director experience would be ideal within the capital equipment/machinery industry.
· Must be commutable to the Cambridgeshire site.
· Experienced in managing teams successfully.
· You will need a strong, hands-on approach - you will be working closely with the executive board and Divisional Directors - but will be given a lot of freedom and autonomy
· Full P&L Management experience - You need to set a clear financial goal and have good proven experience building sales
· You will be overseeing all property and legal implications for the existing business and any new sites
· You must be passionate, committed and able to come into an environment and problem solve, and get excited about growing the business
· You must be confident in all elements of financial planning
Basic salary £117,000 + excellent performance bonus at 30%, fully expensed company car, plus excellent additional benefits package.
Please email your CV to Claire Morgan, Global Recruitment Director - admin@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.