We are working exclusively with a well known UK company who are currently looking for an Agronomist / Research Scientist / R&D Trials Officer to add to their Agronomy team. Based in Lincolnshire, with occasional travel, the candidate should have academic and practical experience in agriculture as the role will involve visiting farms to advise on product use and provide technical support. Part of the role also includes running trials to test the efficacy of existing products and new formulations. Good report writing skills are essential. Assisting in the design, application and assessment of agricultural field trials will be a large part of the role. An excellent opportunity for someone looking for a technical and interesting role, with lots of variety.
- Understanding ‘end markets’ for farm outputs and being able to support the customer with advice on the most appropriate management strategy to maximise the crop potential and achieve the volume and quality standards appropriate to these end markets.
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of the company’s products, technologies and services in order to achieve the best commercial, quality and relationship outcomes for customers and the company.
- Crop walking regularly; establishing a strong relationship with the customer and understanding their on-going needs.
- Support the writing of funding applications to enable research projects to take place.
- Working with colleagues to identify new and develop existing customers and support a joint working approach.
ESSENTIAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
- We are looking for candidates who have worked in agriculture and have a good understanding of the sector; experience of working in farm management or a similar field would be highly desirable.
- FACTS and BASIS qualifications (while not essential) would be a great advantage.
- A strong desire to develop a career in Agronomy and Research.
- The ambition and resilience to develop new business and succeed in a sales role.
- Strong commercial awareness with previous success in dealing with farmers.
- Ability to build outstanding professional relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- A high level of initiative with strong planning and organisational skills.
- High standard of numeracy and literacy and good attention to detail.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Able to travel as required.
Basic Salary: Between £22,000 - £28,000 basic dependent upon level and experience. Plus benefits and opportunities for progression.
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website:www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.