THE JOB ROLE & COMPANY:
We are working exclusively with a well-known UK company who are currently looking for a Horticultural R&D Trials Officer / Research Scientist to add to their existing Agronomy team. This company provides full turnkey solutions for vertical farms, and glasshouse and own numerous patents, with more patents pending. Based in Derbyshire, with occasional travel, you will apply crop physiology and advanced horticulture techniques for research on controlled environment agriculture. The role will also lead our team of scientists as the company grows and ensure that lab equipment and routines are maintained. In this role you will plan, execute, and assure completion of horticultural trials involving internal cross functional teams and external academia and customers. Responsibilities include trial planning and execution, integrating methods to assess the effects of light, air temperature and speed, CO2 , humidity, nutrients, and water on plant performance, improving research systems and horticultural practices, supervision of technical staff, and maintenance of research equipment. It will be critical to stay current with the advancements in horticultural research. An excellent opportunity for someone looking for a technical and interesting role, with lots of variety, with great opportunities for rapid career advancement available.
· PhD or Masters in Plant Physiology or a similar field
· 3+ years research experience in horticulture, controlled environment agriculture or plant physiology
· Proven track record of execution of horticulture trials and research projects.
· Practical experience with assessing the effects of abiotic stressors on plant performance.
· Practical experience with assessing physiological components of growth and stress including plant development, nutrition, abiotic/biotic stress, water, photosynthesis, respiration, and transpiration.
· Strong research, analytical, and communication skills.
· A hard-working, proactive, and self-motivated individual
Salary to £45k per annum + great overall benefits package, including opportunities for rapid career advancement.
Please email your CV to Claire Morgan, Recruitment Director: email@example.com
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.