Senior Grower Manager – Fruit (Dates) - Southern Africa - Basic salary £60,000 + fully expensed 2-bedroom home, car, relocation allowance and more!
We have been retained exclusively with an organisation that produces, grows and sells high-value agricultural crops for the international market, who are now looking for a Senior Grower Manager for their fruit (dates) farm in Southern Africa. The company produces high quality export dates, whilst uplifting the skills base of the local and business community in the region. The farm is one of a handful of date producers in the Southern Hemisphere and can offer, with over 200 employees that offer a real community for the successful candidate.
THE JOB (Duties & Responsibilities):
· Oversee management of all fruit production, packhouse and maintenance Irrigation management
· Packhouse relationships (logistics, communication, quality control and reporting)
· Profit and loss for the Farming Division
· Specialize in producing and improving date crops through conducting experiments and developing best practice methods of production
· Increasing the quality and volume of fruit produced
· Studying of date production to discern the best ways to plant, harvest, and cultivate the plants, regardless of the climate
· Developing methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops disease-free
· Strategic vision, planning & implementation
· Managing a team of managers, supervisors, administrators, and staff
· Conservation and biosphere protection
· B.Sc. Degree or relevant qualification
· Experience in a senior management position on a date farm
· Strong leadership skills
· Experience of date production is preferential, but not a prerequisite
· Fluent in English
· Effective communication skills
· Organizational and planning ability with strong administrative skills
· Able to work independently and take initiative
· Able to perform under pressure
· Advanced computer literacy
· Good interpersonal skills
· High energy levels
Basic salary circa £60,000 + fully expensed 2-bedroom home, car, relocation allowance and more!
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.