This Nursery Manager is based on a highly successful and major fresh produce operation in Essex. The job role is a hands-on position and works closely with the operations Nursery Director and Foreman. A great company to be a part of!
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Determine with advisers the optimal growing conditions for each crop / variety.
- Together with the production director - agree which variety of plants to grow and how many of each plant are necessary for business operations - based on managements projected sales or current orders from our customers.
- Make decisions about when to plant, fertilize, and harvest crops.
- Carefully monitor weather patterns and take proper precautions to ensure the plants are not distressed by unfavorable weather conditions.
- Together with the plant advisers - examine plants for diseases, insects, wildlife damage, and weeds to protect the health of the nursery.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hire, train, overseeing and termination of employees of the nursery.
- Training for new employees - to show how to use equipment and teach correct techniques and procedures for plant care.
- Delegating job duties and ensuring that employees do their jobs properly.
- Schedule work hours and liaise with the payroll department.
- Responsible for establishing a safe working environment by creating and implementing safety policies that adhere to legal standards.
- Experienced in a supervisory or management role of a nursery / glasshouse / growing environment.
- The successful applicant must have the ability to influence and command respect in the business. The post holder should be capable of taking initiative and continually improving operational activity.
Dependent upon the level of experience - circa £35k - £55k plus superb and highly enviable full benefits package, 25 days holiday, accommodation (if required) etc. Plus excellent opportunities to progress internally!
Please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.