This Farm School Manager job vacancy will be based on a beautiful farm in the Devon countryside. After years of pioneering work offering city children an immersive experience of life on a working farm we are looking for someone with the vision, passion and inspiration to take over the reins and lead the business forward. You will have boundless enthusiasm for introducing city children to the wonders of the countryside, food and farming.
What does the role involve?
- Managing all staff, resources, activities and facilities on site. You will lead the dedicated farm and house staff and work closely with their commercial farming partners
- Providing an inspiring and safe residential experience for visiting schools, the memory and impact of which will stay with the children and teachers long after they’ve left the farm.
- Creating a warm, child-centred environment in which visiting children can flourish
- Developing the educational value and content of the residential experience.
A beautiful and pioneering farm school in the Devon countryside.
- Experience of managing a budget and dealing with financial matters.
- Experience of engaging children with relevant areas of interest, such as wildlife, the countryside, the environment, farming, gardening and cooking.
- Comparable experience of line managing staff
- Full UK driving licence.
- Strong IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office.
- Educated to Degree level.
- A genuine passion and enthusiasm for all aspects of the work they undertake, including farming, the environment, good food and child development.
- High levels of literacy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- An active, demonstrable interest in learning outside the classroom.
- Reflective and able to evaluate your work critically.
- Ability to contribute to the Senior Management Team.
- A good knowledge of the National Curriculum at KS2 in particular
£35,000 to £50,000 depending on experience, reviewed annually in April. Great pension. A tax efficient Salary Exchange (also known as Salary Sacrifice) scheme is operated for both pension contributions and childcare costs.
If interested, then please email your CV to Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.