Regional Trials Agronomist- South Africa
The Job Vacancy:
This Regional Trials Agronomist- South Africa job vacancy will be working for a major worldwide manufacturer of fertilisers and agrochemicals covering the sales territory of South Africa. You will be responsible for assisting in monitoring both commercial and technical trials. Key job duties will include identifying trials and research facilities, visiting and audit potential new facilities and staff, assisting in new trial establishment and monitor and submit status reports, ensure that trials follow good experimental practice, control stocks of research material and assist with product transportation, as well as providing a resource of local agricultural data including soil nutrient status, fertilizer use, crops and crop performance data. This is a highly-varied role, working for an international market leader with excellent opportunities for long-term career progression!
A major worldwide manufacturer of fertilisers and agronomy products, at the forefront of new technology
- A university bachelor’s degree or master’s qualification in an appropriate discipline
- Extensive on-farm fertilizer / agrochemical trials experience, preferably with a fertilizer focus
- An understanding of trial design, interpretation and statistical evaluations
- Experience in working to protocol guidelines
- Commercial crop experience complementary to the region
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and local languages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- A self-manager with the ability to prioritise and plan work to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
Superb basic salary circa £40,000 - £55,000 per year and highly enviable full benefits package. Plus excellent opportunities to progress internally!
If interested, then please email your CV to Rebekah Shields, UK & International Recruitment Director at Rebekah@agriRS.co.uk
We thank all applicants who respond, but please be advised that only those short listed for interview will be contacted.
To keep up to date with Agricultural Recruitment Specialists latest jobs, then please register effortlessly on our website: www.agriRS.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Agricultural Recruitment Specialists are a market leading, highly prestigious and professional recruitment agency within the agriculture, horticultural, equestrian, animal health and rural sectors, with a strong focus on jobs and job vacancies within sales, management, marketing, operations, technical, engineering sectors, including international and Senior/Director jobs, within our specialist and niche agricultural sector. We offer a range of services to clients including head hunting, specialist advertising and general recruitment services. Please visit www.agriRS.co.uk to find out more or call us on 01905 345 155 to talk to a member of our recruitment team today.